Let’s start from the end.
The best ways of you becoming verified on TikTok are:
- Being a famous person.
- Coming from the Musical.ly app.
If you don’t answer to those two, and you are a regular person like me, then read on.
The way that you, a regular person, can get verified on TikTok is based on the number of followers you have, and by TikTok seeing that you daily grow your number of followers, engage with them, and increase your watch time.
Also, if you are able to publish many viral videos on TikTok, then this increases your chances of becoming verified.
You should stay away from any person or app who offers you a different method of becoming verified (paying money or giving your details).
It is not legal, and you can get your TikTok account banned.
Know, that there are some creators who just have a few thousands followers yet they are verified.
So, let’s go over the ways that people get verified on TikTok.
- Musical.ly Users — Some Musical.ly users (who might not have many followers at all, but do have a special tag that they got from Musical.ly) were given the blue verified icon on TikTok due to ByteDance (the company who owns TikTok) migrating them to the new TikTok platform.
- Popular celebrities — those can be popular Instagram users for example, politicians, public figures, famous comedians, famous actors, famous musicians, etc…
if you are a very famous person, then TikTok might verify you as an incentive to propel you to start publishing videos on TikTok.
- Also, if you are a well known person that people use your name a lot in their TikTok username, then TikTok might want to “protect” you by giving you the blue verified checkmark (which gives an indication to the TIkTok users that your account is the real account).
I also wanted to point out that if TikTok sees that you are already verified on other social platforms, they might verify you as well.
Also, if news publications and high authority websites wrote about you, then you increase your chances of getting verified, even if you are not a well known celebrity.
So, I will end by giving you 3 tips for becoming verified on TikTok:
- Publish high quality videos (videos with good lighting, sound, etc…).
- Publish engaging videos (videos that get a lot of views, comments, shares, high completion percentage, and repeated watching).
3. Publish 4 or more videos every day.
The more videos you can publish on TikTok every day consistently — the better.
You increase your chances of becoming verified by publishing 4 videos every day, then publishing 100 videos in a single day, and then not publishing anything for a long time.
I myself am not verified, so my analysis here is purely based on my observations.
p.s: Get my full video course, and all my other courses for $12 per month through this link: https://bit.ly/2UB1HH7